Due to a serious vulnerability, we advise everyone to update iPhones and iPads…and Android devices NOW!
UPDATE: Hopefully, you've already addressed this by now. If not...please don't put it off any longer! Having problems? Concerned about what the updates will do? We can help: http://t2d.la/help
The Broadpwn exploit allows remote attackers to use the wifi chips on certain mobile devices to execute code. The issue was patched by Google in the July Android update and the just-released iOS 10.3.3 address 47 security flaws.
The United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) and the Department of Homeland Security has issued a bulletin advising users and system administrators to review the Apple security pages and apply updates for a wide range of products including:
Some of the other issues addressed by the Apple updates:
- Through a buffer overflow issue, an attacker can use the Contacts app to execute code.
- A malicious movie file can execute code.
- Malicious archives can execute code.
- User info can be send through malicious XML documents
- Notifications can be sent to the lock screen.
- Malicious websites can spoof the address bar.
This is just the tip of the iceberg for iOS. Additional vulnerabilities exist for all the devices listed above!
Need help updating? Contact Us!
iPhone, iPad owners: Update now to block ‘Broadpwn’ Wi-Fi hack
Apple Releases Security Updates
So whatever you do…
Update iPhones and iPads and Android devices NOW!